The Rocca Press is one of our staple exercises when it comes to sculpting impressive shoulders with bodyweight training only. Take a look…
As you can see, the Rocca looks a lot like doing a “shoulder press”, but upside down and using your body weight for resistance instead of using weights. You can change the amount of resistance by changing the angle of your body. Bringing your hands up off the ground using a prop will make it easier. Raising your feet onto a box, or even placing them against a wall, will increase the resistance.
Here are a few of the fine points of the Rocca press:
- Start in a push up position and press the butt towards the sky
- Drop your head down until your ears are by your biceps
- Your hands, head and hips should form one straight line
- Lower the top of your head to the ground between your hands
- The head slides along the straight line from hands to hips
There you go, everything you need to build great shoulders, anywhere, anytime! Let’s be clear though. When it comes to getting hyooge, bodyweight training is NOT your tool of choice. For that, you’ll have to hit the gym — no two ways around it. But if you want that lean, sleek, muscular look — kinda like a male gymnast — bodyweight training has you covered.
Have you tried the Rocca? If not, give it a try now and let us know what you think…